As usual, buying intel based motherboard is tough because of the wide range of choice for you to choose. Gigabyte seems to know this problem and reacted on it.
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R have all the feature and components that you will need. Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R support both DDR2 and DDR3 memory for greater flexiblity. It’s also have a revolutionary energy saving with GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver(DES) techology.
And some more great feature is this board already supporting both HD DVD and Blu-Ray format. You just need to find the right Drive to plug in.
Is “GIGABYTE GA-EP35C-DS3R” Good?
Despite of its look (all motherboard looks same isn’t it? ), GA-EP35C-DS3R is powerful. As I’ve mentioned above, This board support all modern features and will work smooth when operated.
Basically, the CORE value is as follow:
- Support all Intel processor – From grand daddy Celeron to grand-grandchild Core 2 Extreme
- 45nm Processor supported – Save more energy from it
- DDR2 and DDR3 supported – with up to 4 GB of system Memory (DDR3) and up to 8 GB (DDR2) with Dual Channel architecture
- Already HD (High Definition) both audio and video (depend on your graphic card)
- up to 6 SATA port – all 3Gb/s and support RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10
- Comes with internal utility that will tell you have much power your board/CPU is consuming and allow you to adjust to your needs
- Got lots of awards from PC Pro, PCTuner, Hispazone, etc
- Best price for the feature – Lower than $150
Now it’s depend on what peripherals that you want to plug into GA-EP35C-DS3R, you will get higher performance if you set your budget a bit higher to buy quality processor, memory, and graphic card.
Customers’ Testimony on Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R Motherboard
As usual I collected the following testimony/reviews from “true customers” who have already bought and tested GA-EP35C-DS3R in their PC. Let’s see what their respond to it:
- Fast, 8 USB ports (2GSATA and 6SATA), HD audio, easy installation
- Price is extremely cheap with that all set of feature – I recommend it.
- Solid motherboard, easy to understand manual, stable OC of CPU, RAM and GPU.
- Support E8400 without BIOS Update
- Top Notch Capacitors and Passiv cooling on southbridge (quieter)
- IDE port placed at a bad spot (below SATA and Graphic Slot)
- Energy saver is shut off when OC (OverClock)
- No firewire included in the “full feature” statement
- Beware of defective product – Ask for replacement if not working from day one.
- Beware of big Graphic card, you will have a hard time to connect your IDE drives
Is “GIGABYTE GA-EP35C-DS3R” for me?
It is rather hard to answer. Again, it will depend on your needs. If you are going to use this board for gaming, It will rocks you!
Contrary, it’s waste of money for office uses and home entertainment (watch dvd, hd, etc). There is a better alternative for them. So, it’s for you or not?
Where to find the best deals?
The easiest way is to use a shopping comparison to compare the price, following is table price for Gigabyte ga-ep35-ds3r motherboard:[cf]pricegrabber[/cf]
I hope this short post could help you make up your mind and purchase Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R or to find another better alternative that suit your needs. If you find this post useful, would you mind to share it with your friends?
(you can also click the link above to find more details)
Share Article on:
Try your luck searching Gigabyte Motherboard at Amazon.