A newest product at ThinkGeek is this Kiwi Fuel Saving Device. I have no clue what the co-relationship between Kiwi and the Saving Device, may be just a cute name to call and completely unrelated to the hairy green and juicy fruit.
Kiwi fuel saving device is a plug-n-play device that will help you to save hundreds of dollars each year by monitoring and giving you a personal goals to achieve in fuel saving. Just install it into your vehicle, preferably a car, exactly on your car’s on board diagnostic port and Kiwi will start doing the tasks.
Kiwi Fuel Saving Device is different with the previous fuel saver, it can do much more tasks which stated below:
- Monitors your driving and helps you save fuel and money
- “Drive Green” mode shows how to maximize fuel economy
- Can improve your MPG by up to 33%
- Checks for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), clears the codes, and can turn off the “Check Engine” light
- Displays instant and average MPG values, dollar amount of gas used and saved, and can scan 26 different engine parameters in real time
- Compatible with all 1996 & newer vehicles including: gas, diesel, ethanol, CNG, E85 & hybrid
- Dimensions: 3.4″ x 0.5″ x 2.2″
Kiwi will start its simulation as you drive your car off to the road. It’s just like a game that you ought to chase for the goals set by Kiwi (a kiwi score). If you can get the highest score, you can save more dollars on each year to come!
The price is about $289.99. It’s pretty expensive, but to think you can save many hundreds dollars for the upcoming years, I guess this one time fee worth it in some way.
There is a video about this device over at ThinkGeek. If you are interested, you might what to check it out now.