After waiting for more than 5 months, Voltaic Generator bag is now available to purchase. I’m not sure why, perhaps Voltaic want to enter to the Christmas crowds and make the bag as a good holidays gifts or something.
From the post about the unknown release date, I thought this cool solar panel laptop bag won’t make it to the market anymore. Well, who will know this laptop bag revived after 5 months of release pending. Now, you can really get it as your laptop ‘green’ charger for $499 a bag.
Yep, looks a bit expensive. But we should looks at what this Voltaic Laptop bag would do for us.
The Voltaic Generator is the first solar bag powerful enough to charge a laptop, using high efficiency solar cells. It includes a battery pack custom designed to efficiently store and convert the electricity generated. It will also charge cell phones and most other hand held electronics.
- Solar panel generates up to 15 watts using 20% efficienct cells, enough to fully charge the Voltaic battery in about 5 hours.
- The included battery pack stores the equivalent of a typical laptop charge and automatically delivers the required output voltages
- Common adaptors are included for connection to laptops, phones and other handheld devices
- Or connect via USB or car charger
- Fabrics made from recycled PET (soda bottles), which is tough and water resistant
Being in love with natural energy, owning Voltaic Generator Laptop bag is an expression to our care to our environment. It’s expensive, but somehow this type of bag will become one of our investment for the healthy future.
(via Voltaic Systems)