The contest is now closed! We’ll announced the winner tomorrow on May 2nd, 2010. Good Luck everyone!
As what I have outlined on our contest announcement last week, today the contest is official open!
In this contest, you will stand a chance to win HP StorageWorks Data Vault X510 Media Server (worth $700) and other cool prizes (sponsored by HP themselves) for your creativity. You will absolutely love this giveaway if you are a data junkie who need a device to share and stream your data to your home network.
In case you didn’t know, we have reviewed HP Data Vault X510 (with help from John Obeto) two months ago. You can hit the link to find out what it is and how it performs.
Back to the contest, you can read all the details of what you can win and how to win the additional prizes using your creativity on our contest announcement. To sum it up, other than the HP Data Vault X510 media server, you can also win the following three cool prizes for your creatives:
- First Place: One unit of HP Mini 311 Netbook
- Second Place: One unit HP 8-inch sd828a1 Smart Wi-Fi Display
- Third Place: One piece nice HP Shirt
Below are the contest rules and requirements:
Hardware Sphere Weekly Contest Rules [Sunday, April 25th, 2010]:
- This contest is available for Subscriber only [Subscription is free! Please look at the requirement below for details].
- The contest winner is decided using random selection.
- Worldwide readers are welcomed to join the fun.
- Contest Last Call: Saturday, May 1, 2010 midnight (UTC time).
- We will contact the winner (using the valid email you’ve submitted, or Twitter ID or Facebook Profile) on Sunday, May 2, 2010.
- Winner must response to the email within 2 x 24 hours.
- Please do not expose the Contest Code in your Comment.
- Subscribe to our Free Newsletter and get the Contest Code. There are two ways to subscribe:
- Leave a comment at this post using your valid email address and the contest code to the email field. Example: firstname.lastname@example.orgXX, where ‘abXX′ is the sample contest code. Fail to input the correct contest code will be automatically disqualified.
- You can comments max 5 entries only (the email and IP will be recorded). If we detect more than 5 entries submitted by the same contestant, he/she will be disqualified automatically.
Want extra entries to stand more chance to win the Data Vault? Your wish is my command!
- If you have twitter, follow us on Twitter, then Tweet or ReTweet about this contest with Hashtags: #HP #contest #giveaway. Comment with your timeline link to get an extra 1 entry for the contest.
- If you have facebook, Fans us on Facebook, and share this contest on your wall. Comment here with your Facebook profile URL to get another 1 entry!
- If you have blog, blog about this contest and link back to this contest page. You will get one trackback link for SEO purpose + one more additional entry. Double bonus!
Tips to make a good use of your 5 entries on this contest:
Since we give you the freedom to comments up to 5 entries / contestant, don’t just use it up with a simple “Thanks” or “Count me In” comments. Remember, you can win more prize if you submit your creatives. Use them to post the most creative things that you can think about (related to HP Data Vault). Whether it’s a disaster recovery, hacking, tweaking poems, poster, cool images or anything else.
Or it can be as simple as telling us what you will do with the HP Data Vault if you win it, why you want it, how will you use it and what is the tips and tricks to make a good use of the device (if you are tech-guru). Well, it’s just about anything you can think of!
If you need to submit a poster design or something similar, please email it to us at ken[at]hardwaresphere[dot]com after making your comment on this post. Let us know what is your comment number so we can link your creative to your comment properly.
Well, I wish you all the best luck! HP wish you to have fun with this contest, so be it. Have Fun!
If you think you are gonna miss this contest, don’t worry. Just keep your eyes open for the giveaway that will be held on the following website:
If you don’t submit anything creative, then you are only qualified for the HP Data Vault X510 draw. HP and Ivyworldwide asked us to submit 10 most creative contestants to them and they’ll do the draw to pick the three winners across all websites above to win the Netbook, WiFi display and T-shirt.
So make sure to submit your creative or you will not be able to get win the additional prizes!
The first poem creative example: Look at comment number 127! Great job!
Finally! We have received the first poster / photo creativity! Check it out here and use it as your guide to create another creativity using HP Data Vault x510 as the subject. Thanks, Michelle Simons!