Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 13 is one of the laptop that has blurred the line between laptop and netbook. Although it’s called as a laptop computer, Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 13 has carried a netbook-type of specification. You can either opt for Intel processor (Pentium SU4100 or Core 2 Duo SU7300) or AMD processor (Turion X2 L625 or Athlon Neo X2 L325).
Athough it has a mini and slim size, Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 13 has coming with 13.3-inch High Definition display and up to 500GB of storage. Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 13 is running with Windows 7 OS 64-bit and you’ll also get WWAN, GPS, bluetooth, HDMI and any other crucial features for mobile computing.
Here is the Pros and Cons submitted by multiple experienced users who’ve actually owned the Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 13:
The Pros – Benefits of Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 13 Laptop:
- HDMI output with analog VGA as well – rare great features for netbook-like laptop
- dual core CPUs – stronger than single core Atom netbooks or Core 2 Solo ultraportable tablet/laptop
- Can op for choosing either Intel CPUs or AMD CPUs
- The AMD model has an onboard Radeon 3200 graphics, which is far better than the Intel GMA version
- Very portable, small and lightweight to carry around (3.6lbs with 4-cell battery)
- It has 13.3″ 720p LED backlit HD display (1366 x 768px resolution)
- The laptop battery life is between 5h and 7.8h (on Intel processors)
- great amount of RAM and storage capacity
- It has been equipped with stereo speakers
- Has TrackPoint and TouchPad
- Running with Windows 7 OS (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Gigabit Ethernet port for fast internet connection (1Gbps)
- It has a low price mark even the laptop has a bunch of great features
- Has been equipped with low-light webcam
- Integrated 5-in-1 card reader (SD, MS, MS Pro, MMC, xD)
- spill resistant chicklet keyboard
- has Qualcomm Gobi WWAN chip (GPS & EV-DO & HSPA)
- Available in two model: Black and Red color
The Cons – Disadvantages of using Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 13 Laptop:
- glossy surface, It’s very cheap looking and fingerprint magnet!
- Although the webcam is working in low light condition, the webcam is only 0.3MP!
- Got a large display bezels
- display hinge is not up to the ThinkPad standard
- AMD version has poor battery life (3 – 5 hours only)
- 16:9 display – good for watching widescreen movie but bad for productivity and internet browsing
- Not supporting SDHC memory card yet
Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 13 is a great laptop with impressive amount of features stuffed into the slim and lightweight laptop. The most interesting thing on Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 13 is the option where you can choose to color other than the default Lenovo black themed (you’ve got Red themed lenovo option now!), and you can either opt for the Intel or AMD CPU version.
However, some users complaining that Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 13 is very fingerprint magnet, and the webcam sucks!
Well, good and bad, you have to decide it yourself. If you are interested to buy one, Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 13 is currently selling for $529.80 (lowest price).