If you dislike the type of desktop air purifier like Sharp PlasmaCluster model, then you should check out the HumanScale version that is using the traditional Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP) method of air purification.
Humanair Air Purifier also uses Clean Air Zone technology which was developed in Sweden to clean the air from pollutants, dusts, particles, biological contaminants. It uses about 22W of power to do its jobs, so you can safely categorize this Humanair Air Purifier into your eco-friendly gadget list.
HumanScale Humanair Air Purifier Features:
- Removes more than 99% of all airborne contaminants, including Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Operates in virtual silence with no noticeable breeze, so the unit can be placed near the user without distraction
- Small size for unobtrusive placement and operation
- Ideal for use in office, hospitality, healthcare or home environments
- Creates no ozone
- Paper filter can be vacuumed and reused or recycled with other paper products
- LED alert signals when it’s time to clean or change the filter
- World’s most energy-efficient air cleaner
This Air Purifier is going to hit the store at October 2010 for $300.