When 256-bit AES hardware encryption is not secure enough for you, you’ll definitely want to fine a better solution to store your extremely sensitive data. If you are in this situation, I believe you will love to add this new Kingston DataTraveler D6000 flash drive into your shopping list.
Kingston recently has updated their DataTraveler series of flash drive with this D6000. It is the stuff that when a single layer of AES 256-bit hardware encryption is too fragile. Aside the 256-bit protection, Kingston DataTraveler D6000 has more security feature to make sure you are peaceful with it. Or at least, even it’s stolen, the theft will never get a single data from the storage without a correct password.
The 256-bit AES hardware encryption is using XTS block cipher mode to make this even more difficult to crack, military-grade elliptic curve cryptography (EEC) and Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 level 3 validation also included into the system.
According to Kingston, the DataTraveler will automatically self-destroy when 10 intrusion attempted. Here is the full specification list if you want to know what it has got for you:
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Validated
- U.S. Department of Defense Data At Rest Tiger Team (DARTT) & USCYBERCOM approved
- Ultra-Strong Security Architecture
– Drive locks down after 10 intrusion attempts and encryption
key is destroyed
– No passwords stored on device or host
– Hardware designed and assembled in the U.S.
– United States National Security Agency Suite B set of cryptographic on Board™
– Elliptic curve cryptography
– Secure channel communication
– Digitally signed firmware updates using Suite B SHA-384 and ECDSA P-384
– DT6000 can operate with AutoRun disabled
– Enforces tamper-free AutoRun files
– Cryptography made in the U.S.
- Enforced Complex Password – Password is user-set with a minimum of three of the four characteristics (lowercase, uppercase, characters and numbers) required to prevent unauthorized access
- Full Privacy – 100 percent of stored data is protected by 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) hardwarebased encryption
— master key recreated at logon
- Customizable – preload content, full security policy customization, casing options
- Tamper-Proof Physical Security Barrier
- Waterproof – protected against water damage
- Guaranteed – five-year warranty with 24/7 customer support
- Ruggedized – titanium-coated stainless steel casing