Looking for a retro controller to play your old school games on your iPhone or Android phones? You can grab one now as ThinkGeek has stocked a controller called “iCade 8-Bitty Retro Wireless Controller” that you can purchase it for $24.99.
Yep, it’s a wireless controller that is good for iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) and Android tablets or smartphones. The wireless controller featuring a similar taste of NES controller, same square shape design, button and D-pad. You can view the full specification and features in the following list:
- Classic retro-styled game controller fits in your pocket and works with iPhone & iPad
- 8 button control including 4 face buttons, select, start, and two shoulder buttons… plus the D-Pad for movement
- Wireless connection with auto power save mode
- Mini version of larger size iCade cabinet invented and designed by ThinkGeek
- Fully compatible with all iCade games
- Completely open development platform. App developers can add support for iCade with no permission needed from Apple or ThinkGeek. (See links for code examples below).
- “Atari Greatest Hits” iPad App ready to go with the iCADE, including support for over 100 classic Atari games.
- Atari App comes with Missile Command for free, other games available for in-app purchase. 3-game packs are $1. All 100 games are $14.99
- Compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. Android support for most tablets and smartphones.
- NOTE: Atari Greatest Hits only runs on iPad, not on iPhone or iPod touch.
- Requires 2 x AAA batteries (not included)
This controller support up to 100 of classic Atari games on iOS device, and it also supporting MAME for Android. That means there are a lot of oldschool games could be played with this controller. You can find the details of games and more over at Thinkgeek.
(you can also click the link above to find more details)
Share Article on: