Looking for a retro controller to play your old school games on your iPhone or Android phones? You can grab one now as ThinkGeek has stocked a controller called “iCade 8-Bitty Retro Wireless Controller” that you can purchase it for $24.99.
Yep, it’s a wireless controller that is good for iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) and Android tablets or smartphones. The wireless controller featuring a similar taste of NES controller, same square shape design, button and D-pad. You can view the full specification and features in the following list:
- Classic retro-styled game controller fits in your pocket and works with iPhone & iPad
- 8 button control including 4 face buttons, select, start, and two shoulder buttons… plus the D-Pad for movement
- Wireless connection with auto power save mode
- Mini version of larger size iCade cabinet invented and designed by ThinkGeek
- Fully compatible with all iCade games
- Completely open development platform. App developers can add support for iCade with no permission needed from Apple or ThinkGeek. (See links for code examples below).
- “Atari Greatest Hits” iPad App ready to go with the iCADE, including support for over 100 classic Atari games.
- Atari App comes with Missile Command for free, other games available for in-app purchase. 3-game packs are $1. All 100 games are $14.99
- Compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. Android support for most tablets and smartphones.
- NOTE: Atari Greatest Hits only runs on iPad, not on iPhone or iPod touch.
- Requires 2 x AAA batteries (not included)
This controller support up to 100 of classic Atari games on iOS device, and it also supporting MAME for Android. That means there are a lot of oldschool games could be played with this controller. You can find the details of games and more over at Thinkgeek.