The data above was provided by Engadget. They’re comparing the new iPad 4G with all the new tablets that will appear on the market in this 2012, including Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Toshiba X10 LE and ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 700.
The untested (no performance benchmark yet) result is showing that iPad 3rd Gen is the winner of some features and specs, but it also showing weaknesses that will a nice spot to attack.
- iPad 3rd Gen is definitely the winner in display. Using their LED backlit IPS Retina display with up to 2048 x 1536p resolution, you’ll be able to capture larger image, viewing more details, better contrast and more.
- The Dual core A5X is said to be stronger than Tegra 3. It’s untested yet and I doubt it could be as great as NVIDIA SoC in term of graphical performance. But no one will know until someone has tested this new kid.
- 4G connection for faster web browsing and data transfer. Although we can now use a mobile 4G Wifi device get the same result, the built-in version is still better than nothing.
- It neither has an HDMI port, nor USB. Still using pin dock that you should buy adapters for other purposes.
- The rear camera is better with 5-megapixel sensor, but it’s not the best as ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 700 is definitely the champ in this matter.
- Still limited to 10 hours of battery. ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 700 is better at about 12 hours + 6 more hours with dock.
- This new iPad is heavier and thicker than its competitor. It even thicker than iPad 2!