ASUS recently introduced an interesting dual band wireless-N900 Ethernet adapter called EA-N66 that have the look of the futuristic dome with hollow face, ripple surface and shiny blue-LED center.
This adapter is also the first 3-in-1 dual band wireless (450Mbps) Ethernet adapter in the world with unique Orthogonal 3 x 3 patented antenna design. This Orthogonal design will be helpful to prevent interference between each antenna, which means users can enjoy lag-less high-speed internet connection.
ASUS EA-N66 can also doubles as an access point, working in harmony with wired modem or router. this dual band wireless Ethernet adapter has wall mounting design, so that you can place it somewhere high out of children’s reach. This adapter, when on access point mode, it can instantly adding wireless support to your wired device.
ASUS EA-N66 3-in-1 dual band wireless-N900 Gigabit Ethernet adapter is supporting most operating system, either 32-bit or 64-bit. It also support Linux OS if you love to use opensource program.
Here is the detail specification of this wireless adapter:
- Network Standard: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Antenna: 3 x R SMA Antenna
- Operating Frequency: 2.4G~2.4835GHz /5.1~5.8GHz
- Operation Channel: 11 for N. America, 13 Europe (ETSI)
- Data Rate: 802.11 a/b/g/n : downlink up to 450Mbps, uplink up to 450Mbps(20/40MHz)
- Output Power:
- b mode : 22 dBm
- g mode : 19 ~22 dBm
- n mode : 19 ~22 dBm
- a/n mode : 18 ~21 dBm
- Web-based GUI configuration,
- Configuration backup and restore,
- Log & Trace function
- Security: 64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, Radius with 802.1x, WPS support
- Certificates: CE, FCC, C-Tick, IC, NCC
- Dimensions: 122 x 111 x 62 mm (WxDxH)
- Weight: 110 g (Device Only)
- OS Support:
- Windows® 7 32bit/64bit
- Windows® Vista 32bit/64bit
- Windows® XP 32bit/64bit
- Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
- Package Content: Warranty card, Wireless LAN Adapter
You can find more information at TechinStyle for the hands on review. Sadly, ASUS haven’t announced the availability and pricing yet.[Source: ASUS][via Winarco]
(you can also click the link above to find more details)
Share Article on: