Nothing could beat the fun of exploring the underwater world when Summer is hitting the earth. Beside we can feel nothing about the crazy heat above the surface, we can also take a little tour inside the blue water enjoying the unique scenery that is not available above the surface.
Obviously, when you’ve found something cool or beautiful in your little tour, you’ll want to memorize them by taking photographs. The problem is, not many of the camera available in the market today has the waterproof feature. Even if they are available, it might be pretty expensive to get one or you won’t be able to bring it deep enough.
Although you can choose to get a special waterproof case to use on your existing camera, I bet you will not enjoy your underwater tour as much as you can because you’ve to carry the camera.
Luckily, if you are really in need of a “hands-free” solution to take photo underwater, you can use this special camera instead.
This is the Liquid Image 304 XSC Explorer Series underwater camera. It’s coming in a form of a swimming goggle with the camera placed at the top center of the goggle. With this camera goggle, you can swimming freely without holding any camera and you can go as deep as 5 meters or 15 feet to explore a shallow ocean floor.
This underwater video goggle is featuring 5.0 Mega Pixels CMOS sensor, but it has 8-megapixel interpolated sensor for still image capture. The video records and photos will be stored on its 32MB internal storage which is expandable to 32GB with an additional 32GB microSD.
The result could be accessed directly on your Windows (Win 2000, XP, Vista, 7) and Mac 10.4 (or above) powered system easily. It sounds great, but the only downside is that you won’t be able to take your own photo with the best coral you’ve found beneath the surface. For self portrait, you’ll either have to bring an extra underwater video goggle, or dive together with your friends who’ve wore the same camera.
8MP Digital Underwater Camera Mask Features:
- Image sensor: 1/3.2” 5.0 Mega Pixels CMOS sensor
- Pixels: Still image: 8.0MP interpolated
- Image Resolution: Still images: 3264×2448
- Video Resolution: 640×480, VGA
- Digital video recording rate: up to 30fps @ VGA
- Internal NANS flash Memory – 32MB
- Storage Medium: Micro SD (up to 32GB)
- Lens: 4P + IR fix lens, 74 degrees
- Lens aperture: F/3.2 +/- 5%
- Lens focus: 0.8m to infinity
- Shutter speed: Stills: 1/15 to 1/1000 secs
- Sensitivity: Auto: ISO 100
- White balance: Automatic
- Audio: No audio
- Display: Status LCD panel
- Support system: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 and MAC 10.4 or above (no software required to download files)
You can get this cool Liquid Image 304 XSC Explorer Series Underwater Video Camera at Amazon for about $80. Alternatively, it’s also available at Red5.UK for £109.95 or equal to US$171.56.