After their successes with their first generation of wake-up light (it’s a hot sell btw), Philips has debuted the next gen of wake-up light with better/softer design to imitate the rounded sun.
This is the Philips Wake-up light HF3520, which will wake the user up from their sweet dream gently using increasing of illumination. It’s really identical with the first gen, only the design has a touch as well as some added features and functionality.
At a glance, here is what this second gen of Philips Wake-up Light has to offer:
- Color-changing light offers a gradual, natural way to wake up
- Adjustable sunrise simulation and five nature sounds wake you up naturally
- Light simulation starts 20 to 40 minutes before alarm
- Automatic display dimming and 20 brightness light settings
- Includes touch snooze controls and FM radio
- Backed by clinical research and proven to be effective
Unlike the previous model, Philips HF3520 is now capable of adjusting the sunrise simulation and dusk simulation. It also have more number of wake-up sounds (5 vs 2) that you can choose to hear every morning. The only downside is that you won’t be able to replace the light bulb when it’s broken. Everything is sealed tightly inside the rounded dome and removing the rounded cap might void the warranty.
Overall, it’s a nice light alarm for your bedside without the usual annoying buzzing sounds to break your blissful morning. Sadly, it will cost more dollars if you want to buy this new model. Based on the pricing at Amazon, Philips HF3520 is selling for $120 a pop. Add another $50 for the HF3550 model if you want to sync it up with your iPhone (they have a free app for it).